With Thanksgiving right around the corner, you have some tough decision making to do. Do you close, and give your staff the time off, or do you stay open? Thanksgiving is a holiday that centers around food, and if Thanksgiving dinner fits into your brand then it’s a perfect opportunity to capitalize on. I mean, food is your specialty, isn’t it? So, take advantage and be one of the few places in your area that stays open and caters to those that either don’t have the time to cook or just don’t want to. Trust me, there are so many people that could think of better ways to spend their day then cooking. If you play your cards right, your restaurant could become that special place for these people to spend their Thanksgivings year after year.
There are some important things you will need to check on before making your decision.
- Don’t forget to ask your staff beforehand, and offer them an incentive to work. You don’t want people to be miserable because they are working on a holiday, that will translate into their service. Make the day easy and special.
- Make sure that if you’re not planning on being there yourself, you have someone there you can trust.
- Check on what your competitors are doing.
- Pre-market to your regulars and see if any interest generates.
We’ve got some tips on having a successful Thanksgiving dinner.
- Offer a pre-fixed or limited menu
- All-you-can-eat family style
- Encourage customers to make reservations
- Charge a set price
- Make sure to include all of the yummy traditional sides
- Offer take-away or to-go options
- Don’t forget to advertise your holiday days and hours in advance, most people won’t assume you’ll be open, but won’t they be happy!
The decision to open or close this Thanksgiving is up to you . While both sides have their own benefits, the choice should depend on your personal opinion and your clientele. Whether you’ll be sharing your festive recipes with customers or carving turkey for your family, we wish you a happy holiday from all of us here at PointOS.
All this talk about food has me hungry!
Like our stories or want to hear more? Drop us a line @ Blogpointos@gmail.com.
See you next week!
Your devoted hostess,
Do you like this idea? Then don’t be hasty and share it!